University Bulletin: Here you can find current year check sheets for majors and minors, course descriptions and pre/co requisites. Be sure to click on the bulletin year that matches when the student began attending ASU (information is listed in the student's degree works).
Check in with students about their Doing Psychology. Some important things to cover.
- A 1 hour lab is required and must be at the same time or in a following semester of the lecture course. For example, if a student wants to take PSY 4211 then PSY 3211 must have been taken or must be taken at the same time.
- The second part of Doing Psychology can be any of the following options:
- PSY 4001: Students must first be approved by a faculty member as a research assistant and complete the required forms to get the credit added. See the list of current labs here.
- PSY 4002 - Supervise Research - Very few students choose this option. A student must first gain permission from a faculty member and complete the required forms to get the credit added.
- PSY 4905 - Internship: A student must find an internship and get the placement approved by the department before completing the required paperwork to get the credit added to the student's schedule. See here for more information.
- PSY 4511 & 4512 - Dept. Thesis: A student must have a 3.45 cumulative GPA and a 3.50 psychology GPA from ASU. This is by invitation and takes three semesters to complete all honors requirements. All students are required to find a faculty thesis mentor to complete this requirement. More information about the honors program is here.
- Approved Psychology Service Learning course (The list of approved courses will be shared with faculty at the start of each registration period): Students can sign up for the credit, like a regular class. (Not PSY 2100 - this is a non-major class)