Verne R. Bacharach
- Ph.D., 1971, University of Kansas, Experimental Psychology
- M.S., 1967, Central Washington University, Psychology
- B.A., 1965, Central Washington University, Psychology
My empirical research has focused on the acquisition of academic skills in young children as a function of pre-school experiences and family variables.
- Furr, R.M., & Bacharach, V.R. (2008). Psychometrics: An introduction. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Bacharach, V. R., & Baumeister, A. A. (2003). Child care and severe externalizing behavior in kindergarten children. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 23, 527-537.
- Bacharach, V. R., Baumeister, A. A., & Furr, R. M. (2003). Racial and gender science achievement gaps in secondary education. The Journal of Genetic Psychology, 164, 115-126.
- Baumeister, A.A., & Bacharach V.R. (2001). Early generic educational intervention has no effect on intelligence and does not prevent mental retardation: The Infant Health and Development Program. Intelligence, 28, 161-192.
- Bacharach, V.R., & Baumeister, A.A. (1998). Direct and indirect effects of maternal intelligence, maternal age, income, and home environment on intelligence of preterm, low-birth-weight children. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 19, 349-363.
- Bacharach, V.R., & Baumeister, A.A. (1998). Effects of maternal intelligence, marital status, income, and home environment on cognitive development in low birth weight infants. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 23, 197-205.
- Baumeister, A.A., Bacharach, V.R., & Baumeister, A.A. (1997). "Big" versus "Little" science: Comparative analysis of program projects and individual research grants. American Journal on Mental Retardation, 102, 211-227.
- Bacharach, V.R. (1997). Agglutimated readings in cognitive development. Contemporary Psychology, 42, 926-927.
- Hill, R.W., McIntire, K., & Bacharach, V.R. (1997). Perfectionism and the big five factors. Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, 12, 1-15.
- Baumeister, A.A., & Bacharach, V.R. (1996). A critical analysis of the infant health and development program. Intelligence, 23, 79-103.
- Hobbs, M. and Bacharach, V.R. (1990). Children's understanding of big buildings and big cars. Child Study Journal, 20, 1-18.
James C. Denniston, Chair
P.O. Box 32109
222 Joyce Lawrence Ln.
Boone, NC 28608
Phone: (828) 262-2272
Fax: (828) 262-2974