For information on the Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.), visit clinicalpsychpsyd.appstate.edu
Priority review date for admission is December 1st. Applications that are not complete by the priority date risk denial of admission; however, if seats remain for the invitation only on-campus interviews in February, applications not complete by December 1st will be considered.
- Interpersonal Characteristics
- Ph.D., 1991, Michigan State University, Clinical Psychology
- M.A., 1987, Michigan State University, Clinical Psychology
- B.A., 1980, Duke University, Psychology and Philosophy
- Mautz, C., Hill, R.W., Huelsman, T.J. & Bazinni, D. (2017). Behavioral Activation and Behavioral Inhibition Predict Perfectionism. Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, 6(4), 59-64. doi: 10.11648/j.pbs.20170604.13
- Miskey, H. M., Hill, R. W. & Huelsman, T. J. (2012) Big Five Traits and Perfectionism Are Risk Factors for onsuicidal Cutting. Psychology and Behavioral Sciences. 1(1) 1-7. doi: 10.11648/j.pbs.20120101.11
- Hill, R. W., Waring, D., & Walker, L. (2012). Video Surveillance Versus Night Awake Staff in a Residential Treatment Setting. Residential Treatment for Children and Youth, 29, 132-140.
- Hill, R.W., Huelsman, T. J., & Araujo, G. (2010). Perfectionistic Concerns Suppress Associations Between Perfectionistic Strivings and Positive Life Outcomes. Personality and Individual Differences, 48(5), 584-589.
- Broman-Fulks, J. J., Hill, R. W., & Green, B. A. (2008). Is perfectionism categorical or dimensional? A taxometric analysis. Journal of Personality Assessment, 90, 481-490.
- Hill, R.W., Huelsman, T., Furr, M., Kibler, J., Vicente, B. & Kennedy, C. (2004). A New Measure for Perfectionism: the Perfectionism Inventory (PI). Journal of Personality Assessment, 82(1), 80-91. [PDF Format]
- Hill R.W. & Yousey, G. (1998). Adaptive and maladaptive narcissism among university faculty, clergy, politicians and librarians. Current Psychology, 17(2/3), 249-262.
- Hill, R.W., Zrull, M. C. & McIntire, K. A. (1998). Differences between self and peer-ratings of interpersonal problems. Assessment, 5(1), 67-83.
- Hill, R.W., McIntire, K., & Bacharach, V. (1997). Perfectionism and the Big Five Factors. Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, 12(1), 257-270. [PDF Format]
- Hill, R.W., Zrull, M.C. & Turlington, S. (1997). Perfectionism and interpersonal problems. Journal of Personality Assessment, 69(1), 81-103.
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Department of Psychology
Email address: Email me