Specific Learning Disabilities, Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), Intervention Fidelity, Implementation Science, & School Mental Health.
- Ed.D. 1972, Baylor University
- M.A. 1968, Baylor University
- B.S. 1967, Youngstown State University
- Deni, J. R., Kidder-Ashley, & P. Anderton, J.B. (in press). Learning disabilities Eligibility in 1990's: An analysis of state procedures. Education.
- Deni, J., Kidder-Ashley, P. Running Away (In Press) Helping Children at Home and School II: Handouts for Families and Educators. National Association of School Psychologists.
- Deni, J. R., Manning, L., & Kidder Ashley, P. (1999). Variables influencing the likelihood of intervention implementation as reported by teachers. 31st annual conference of National Association of School Psychologists, Las Vegas, NV.
- Deni, J. R., & Anderton, J. (1998). A systematic analysis of various learning disability definitions and criteria across states. 30th annual conference of National Association of School Psychologists, Orlando, FL.
- Deni, J. R., Azar, K., Anderton, J., & Kidder Ashley, P. (1998). A systematic analysis of emotionally handicapped eligibility criteria across states. 30th annual conference of National Association of School Psychologists, Orlando, FL.
- Deni, J. R., & Brigner, W. L. (1997). Ebbinghaus illusion: Effect of figural similarity upon magnitude of illusion when context elements are equal in perceived size. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 84, 1171-1175.
- Deni, J. R., & Brigner, W. L. (1996). Benussi effect as an integration of disparity by motion. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 82, 1171-1175.
- NCSPA recipient of "The Jack Bardon Lifetime Achievement Award in School Psychology"
- Elected President of the Trainers of School Psychologists (TSP)
- Elected President of the North Carolina School Psychology Association (NCSPA) twice. President-Elect, NCSPA
Department: Department of Psychology
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-8938