Undergraduate Advising Center
Welcome to the Dr. Wiley F. Smith Department of Psychology Undergraduate Advising Center at Appalachian State University. The department follows a mentoring model, and is strongly committed to providing quality academic advising to majors, potential majors and prospective students.
You will find answers to many of your questions on this website. We invite you to visit the Advising Center, Room #314, in Smith-Wright Hall, and to contact the Advising Center Director, Lynn Mosteller by phone
(828-262-2272 x433) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For current students beginning ASU prior to Fall 2012 click on this link for more details on which classes you will need with our new course numbers.
- Honors Program Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scholarships and Awards
- Research Assistant Agreement Form [PDF]
- Special Course Form
- Internship Information for Undergraduates
- Psychology Class Permit Request
- Psychology Course Transfer Instructions [DOC]
- Psychology Independent Study Application Form [PDF]
- Psychology 4001 Research Assistant Agreement Form [PDF]
- Dr. Kit's Video Resources for Success
Undergraduate Research Opportunities: The Bulletin Board on the 1st Floor of Smith-Wright shows current research opportunities, internship opportunities, funding opportunities, and other information. Please check the board periodically.
Appalachian State University Chapter of Psi Chi
A chapter of Psi Chi, the national honor society in psychology sponsored by the American Psychological Association, is open to undergraduate students who have completed nine hours of psychology coursework with a cumulative GPA in the top 35% of all undergraduate students at ASU. The purposes of Psi Chi are to encourage scholarship and to advance the science of psychology.